The Master of Science (MSc) in “Managing the Science-Policy Interface on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services for sustainable development in West Africa – SPIBES” is a 2-year interdisciplinary course designed to provide students with broad, high-quality understanding, knowledge and skills needed to facilitate science-policy interfaces such as IPBES, and achieve sustainable development goals in West Africa. It will provide a basic understanding of relevant scientific tools and methods, and an ability to transfer their results to policy-making. SPIBES is dedicated to people interested in sustainable biodiversity and ecosystem services management through science-based policy and decision-making.
- The master degree is issued by University Félix Houphouët Boigny (UFHB) in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
- The Program takes place under the umbrella of the Doctoral Training Climate, Natural, Resources, and Innovation (CRNI) of UFHB and the “Formation Doctorales en Sociologie (FDS)” of the Departement of Sociology of UFHB, in collaboration with international key players in BES, such as ZEF/University of Bonn, WCMC/UNEP, UFZ, WASCAL, University of Senghor, and others
- Full stipends are provided for the best applicant from each of the 15 ECOWAS countries/batch. More students may be accepted based on own/third party funding
- First intake of students: November/December 2017
- Deadline for application: August 31, 2017, or until all positions are filled